- put your fork and knife together when you have finished your meal in order to signify it to the rest of the people in the table.
- keep an eye contact with the people you are talking to while you are having a conversation.
- pay for the meal if you are the one that made the invitation. Turkish people are not used to separate money for the meals.
- DON’T show disrespect for the name or image of the founder of the modern Turkish Republic (Mustafa Kemal Ataturk) or for the Turkish government, as it is illegal to do so.
- DON’T point people with your finger. in Turkey It is considered particularly rude.
- DON’T be offended by others smoking during a meal or say anything to them, as smoking before, while or after the meal is a really common habit in Turkey.